Manager, Technical Advisory
Our global consulting firm client is seeking a Manager to join them full time. As one of the world’s leading professional service networks with 26 offices across Canada, your skills, talents and knowledge will flourish. You’ll be inspired by the engaging work you do, the diverse people on your team, and the clients they serve – from world-renowned brands to innovative start-ups. As a team member, you’ll be learning and your insights will be embraced in an environment that values leadership and excellence. Working with our professional’s means you’ll get the coaching and training you need to develop your career.
As the consultant, you help clients maximize the value of their information technology investments. You’ll work with people who have a broad range of skills and expertise and it’s a great way to learn on the job and build on a variety of business skills that will serve you throughout your career. You’ll work with people who have deep subject matter expertise across a variety of industries, including: financial services; retail; technology and communications mining and energy; as well as within the public sector. Your role will be to help clients define information technology strategy, architecture and governance, transform IT function to better enable business needs, get the most value from information technology investments, and implement technology solutions to reduce cost and complexity, increase trust and integrity, and improve operational effectiveness.
Our client is looking for candidates with proven experience across the domains described below.
- Experience providing guidance and recommendations on project approach and direction, and day-to-day management of project teams (e.g. defining delivery approach, managing priority of tasks, general planning/scheduling, resource allocation).
- Effective management of interfaces with various work streams, as well as internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to identify upcoming project risks and provide pragmatic options and recommendations to address risks and issues to leadership.
- Experience working with teams of various sizes and experience levels, and proven ability to provide guidance and oversight to junior team members.
- Experience leading and participating in the creation of compelling proposal responses, including development of scope and approach, and budget.
- Proven ability to build client relationships, understand client needs, and position solutions and services to address challenges and opportunities.
Well-rounded experience leading and/or participating in projects related to:
- Developing technology strategies and roadmaps that align technology investments with critical business priorities, while accounting for key risks and compliance issues.
- Advising clients on emerging technologies and strategies consistent with clients' business strategies.
- Conducting maturity or needs assessments (including spend analysis), identifying and prioritizing opportunities/projects, developing roadmaps and estimates, and building consensus.
- Assessing and/or developing technology governance models and end-to-end IT processes (e.g. strategy and planning, management, operations).
- Designing/architecting and implementing enterprise technology solutions, including cloud, information management, infrastructure and applications; or working knowledge of architecture/design and development principles, and experience leading enterprise technology projects.
- Developing and advising on system selection criteria and decision making packages supporting client RFP processes, and completing contract reviews.
- IT transformation, including (but not limited to) assessing, recommending and implementing improvements to a client’s IT operating and organization model.
The successful candidate must meet the following requirements:
- Experience participating in consulting-related projects within any of the following areas: technology strategy/transformation, enterprise architecture, IT governance, cloud and emerging technologies, IT Sourcing and shared services outsourcing, or systems advisory/assessment/selection
- Experience identifying and addressing client needs: building solid relationships with clients; approaching clients in an organized manner; delivering clear requests for information; demonstrating flexibility in prioritizing and completing tasks; communicating potential conflicts to a senior team member
- Experience prioritizing and handling multiple tasks; researching and analyzing pertinent client, industry, and technical matters; utilizing problem-solving skills; and, communicating effectively in written and verbal formats to various audiences (including various levels of management and external clients) in a professional business environment.
- Ability to identify upcoming solution related risks, provide options and recommendations to addressing risks to the project leadership
- Ability to work with clients/stakeholders
- Previous consulting experience considered an asset
- Previous client facing experience considered an asset
- ITIL, TOGAF, PMP, or equivalent certification considered an asset
Annex Consulting Group is a full-service IT and management consulting firm, specializing in staff augmentation contracting, permanent staffing, and outsourced solutions. Candidates must be legally entitled to work in location advertised.
Not interested but know someone who is a fit for this role? Check out the award-winning Annex Referral Program.
Leaders in IT. Advisors in Business. Partners in Solutions.