Position: Operations Engineer (DevOps)
Location: Burnaby, BC
As an Operations Engineer, you will be utilizing the latest DevOps tools and technologies, to help your Product Stream deploy applications efficiently and reliably both on premise and in cloud. You will be the technical DevOps expert for your Agile/Scrum Product Stream and responsible for working with developers and operations on best practices for deploying and supporting applications.
As part of your role, you will be responsible for troubleshooting complex issues within our eCommerce environment related to your area of expertise. Being part of an Agile/Scrum team, it's imperative to ensure that performance and monitoring best practices are implemented for all new applications to ensure the reliability of your applications. You will be expected to work with your Product Stream to help prioritize defects or enhancements and be heavily engaged in the design of new applications and features to ensure they are supportable and scalable in production. Other responsibilities will include:
- Lead the creation of automation and deployments pipelines for applications to all environments
- Implement monitoring of new applications in production, while utilizing the latest technologies and following DevOps best practices for auto healing and alert fatigue
- Investigate and troubleshoot complex issues for Product Streams and help support applications in all environments
- Research and stay up to date with DevOps best practices for CI/CD and Site Reliability
- Continually reviewing new technology that can be implemented
- Help create policies and processes that define the responsibilities of the DevOps Operations Engineer within our DevOps culture
- Lead the implementation of performance engineering best practices within your Product Stream and assisting in performance improvements to improve site reliability
- Provide leadership to the Operations Team for all applications related to your area of expertise
- Lead the training of the Operations Team for new applications coming from your Product Stream
- Assist in the investigation of complex production defects
- Participate in the creation of production best practices
- 5+ years of experience in IT Support or Server Administration, primarily related to web applications
- 5+ years of experience with Windows Server and Enterprise Linux Platforms
- 3+ years of experience working with DevOps practices such as CI/CD, automation and real-time monitoring
- 3+ years of experience developing Java/C# applications
- Solid command over scripting languages such as Python, Ruby, Bash or PowerShell
- Design experience of modern cloud platforms such as Azure, AWS etc.
- Experience in latest DevOps technologies such as OpenShift, Kubernetes, ANsible, Jenkins, APM
- A certificate in any platform or application (MSCA, RHCSA, CCNA, etc.) an asset
Annex Consulting Group is a full service IT and management consulting firm, specializing in staff augmentation contracting, permanent staffing, and outsourced solutions. Candidates must be legally entitled to work in location advertised.
Not interested but know someone who is a fit for this role? Check out the award-winning Annex Referral Program.
Leaders in IT. Advisors in Business. Partners in Solutions.