Transportation Logistics Coordinator
Start: as soon as possible
This company boasts a great team environment that greatly values the corporate culture they have created. Some of they key values are Quality Relationships, Personal and Corporate Development, Leadership and Accountability. Within this growing company they have a corporate structure with the start up feel. Their culture promotes safety, belonging and mattering which allows for a healthy and productive work environment. We stand out in our industry with the personalized service that we provide our customers. We believe we are responsible for our own progress and company growth.
- Provide and support all service requirements for assigned Clients and to exceed expectations
- Negotiate rates with carriers to achieve target margins
- Ensure all carriers are communicated with professionally
- Ensure any potential service issues are addressed promptly with the carrier
- Ensures on time performance levels are met or exceeded
- Problem-solve carrier specific issues from the point of booking through to completion
- Collaborates and offers assistance to other team members in delivering optimal transportation service solutions
- Resolve any service failures and communicate them with the Team Lead
- Ensure all necessary information is communicated to applicable team members
- Ensure customers specialized requirements are communicated clearly to the carrier
- Research pricing for new and existing clients
- Solicit carrier referral business from all existing carriers
- Perform related duties as assigned by Operations Manager.
- Organizing the movement of freight in the most cost-effective and reliable manner possible.
- Deliver the optimal logistical solutions for our customer
- A high level of mental alertness and urgency is required.
- Resourcefulness and tenacity are also valid indicators of effective performance.
- The ability to effectively negotiate and present issues in a clear concise manner is required.
- Must be able to work effectively with teams in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment.
- Effective communication and problem-solving skills are required on a daily basis.
- A desire to learn and continuously improve
- Transportation experience in trucking or logistics
- Any post-secondary education related to the transportation industry
- Negotiation training is an asset for this position.
Annex Consulting Group is a full service IT and management consulting firm, specializing in staff augmentation contracting, permanent staffing, and outsourced solutions.
Not interested but know someone who is a fit for this role? Check out the award-winning Annex Referral Program.
Leaders in IT. Advisors in Business. Partners in Solutions.