Application Security Consultant
Duration: Permanent, Full-time
This exciting new security consulting company are all about doing application, cloud and information security better. The team tackles security using a systematic approach, leveraging standards based and repeatable processes. They are incredibly passionate about delivering the best security solutions and are driven to help their clients achieve the highest level of security to enable business growth. All of this is doing in a very forward thinking enviorment which allows for remote working, travel and a mindfulness around their staffs well being which includes time off!
The Application Security sub-domain uses industry-leading processes and provides application security architecture and design, risk assessment, Security DLC and CI/CD adoption, and managed services to medium sized businesses in the finance, health, utilities, and technology sectors. Within a culture of collaboration, excellence, openness, community, and team work. The team is passionate about security and aim to build a world-class team of likeminded individuals who share the same vision.
- Provide application security services including design review and pen-testing of web, mobile, and desktop applications using automation tools as well as manual methods.
- Create and deliver application security design documents and risk assessment reports.
- Design application security solutions to meet clients’ needs.
- Review issues identified and related remediation with clients and assist with implementation.
- Ensure cross-domain collaboration and coordination of security efforts.
- Assist with Cloud Infrastructure security and engagements in other domains as appropriate.
- Contribute to growth and role as an industry leader by delivering best-in-class services.
- Assist with technical sales of application security and other services.
- Identify areas for process improvement and automation, and aid in efforts to implement the recommendation as appropriate.
- Provide regular updates to leadership on key activities, metrics, accomplishment, and blockers. Partake in educational activities including attending appropriate training and conferences.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent.
- 2+ years of work experience in an Information Security role, with min. 1 year in Application Security.
- 3+ years of modern software development experience (API expertise is a plus).
- Strong understanding of secure software design, development methodologies, and principles.
- Ability to identify and protect against web and mobile applications security vulnerabilities including those found in the OWASP Top 10 and CWE Top 25.
- Experience with application security architecture, design consulting, and risk assessment using industry leading processes and methodologies.
- Passionate about software and security with an Ethical Hacker mindset.
Apply today for immediate consideration or contact Aaron O’Byrne for further information.
Candidates must be legally entitled to work in location advertised.
Annex Consulting Group is a full service IT and management consulting firm, specializing in staff augmentation contracting, permanent staffing, and outsourced solutions.
Not interested but know someone who is a fit for this role? Check out the award-winning Annex Referral Program.
Leaders in IT. Advisors in Business. Partners in Solutions.