Wireless Network Specialist
Permanent, Full Time
Location: Tumble Ridge, BC
Are you ready to relocate to take your career in the next level? Do you enjoy the outdoor activities and want to live closer to nature? Think BIG about your career. You have our commitment to a bright future!
Tumbler Ridge, BC is the dream destination for the outdoor enthusiasts, made up of waterfalls, unique rock formations, alpine meadows and lakes, canyons, mountain summits, caves and more. Our valuable client, based in Tumbler Ridge, BC is the 2018 Best Employer of the Year at the Chetwynd Chamber of Commerce Business Excellence Award.
They are looking for a Wireless Network Specialist/Engineer who will be responsible shall be responsible for supporting the Information Technology (IT) wireless, communication and network administration functions.
If you are a Wireless Network Specialist, with very extensive knowledge of field area wireless network and looking for a bigger change to live a more outdoorsy lifestyle, then we should talk!
What’re the gains and benefits for you?
· Competitive salary package with a monthly bonus and incentive
· Flex time that promotes work life balance
· Benefits: RRSP matching, full dental & medical plan, safety bonus, and annual fitness allowance
· Opportunity to live where your outdoor/nature lifestyle interests abound
· Work with a collaborative team and learn exciting new technologies
· Place where you can showcase your talents, contribute your value directly and see results right away
What is the role?
· Responsible for LAN, WAN, WLAN, VOIP and WWAN design and implementation.
· Responsible for monitoring and maintaining field area networks on Breadcumb/InstaMesh networking software and related solar trailer and fixed points.
· Responsible for monitoring and maintaining point to point(PMP) radio networks.
· Responsible for providing tier 2 and tier 3 support to all users/applications and services within the environment.
· Responsible for vendor management, project management for the implementation and maintenance of networking technologies.
· Responsible for monitoring and maintaining VOIP phone systems and services.
· Responsible for providing first response and full remediation support to critical network outages, and after hours. On call work is expected.
· This role involves regular collaboration interactions with, and receipt of guidance from, other IM team members and project teams throughout the enterprise.
· Responsible for monitoring and maintaining network security.
What do you need to have?
· Cisco and MS certification or equivalent
· Extensive knowledge of field area wireless networks or cisco wireless certification.
· A plus to have Rajant Certified Network Administrator (RCNA), or Extreme Certified Network Associate (ECNA) certification
· Minimum of five years of experience in IT/IM roles
· Understanding of network architecture and client/server technology
· Strong problem solving and communication skill set
· Mining experience is strongly preferable
· Sound working knowledge of Microsoft applications
· Strong working knowledge of industrial networks
· Strong technical skills and demonstrated aptitude with regards to IT troubleshooting processes
· Ability to work in a team environment involving support, flexibility and team work.
· Ability to meet requirements of own and department's action plans
· Ability to demonstrate accuracy, consistency, confidentiality and a commitment to continuous improvement in the work environment.
· Strong verbal communication skills
· Willingness to be “on call” on a rotating basis.
Annex Consulting Group is a full service IT and management consulting firm, specializing in staff augmentation contracting, permanent staffing, and outsourced solutions.
Not interested but know someone who is a fit for this role? Pass it along to your family and friends as you might be eligible for more dough with who you know! You will get $500 for a successful referral! Check out the award-winning Annex Referral Program.
Leaders in IT. Advisors in Business. Partners in Solutions