Position: Desktop Support Analyst
Length: 3-6 months contract (Very likely will flip to perm)
Location: Downtown Vancouver
- Resolve end-user IT issues, such as password reset, software questions, PC hardware problems, Internet connectivity, configurations, and so on.
- Provide one-on-one end-user support and problem resolution via telephone, e-mail, and other vehicles of communication.
- Perform in-person, on-site repairs of PC desktop hardware, printers, and other peripherals.
- Diagnose and resolve minor network issues (e.g. LAN access).
- Recognize and escalate deeper and more complex issues to Tier 2 support technicians.
- Assist PC and network technicians by troubleshooting software, hardware, and network issues.
- Where necessary, assist network technicians in installing network interface cards, hubs, switches, network cabling, and so on.
- Participate in moves, adds, and changes to network and systems access for new, departing, or promoted/demoted employees.
- Accurately log work orders/help desk tickets and resolutions into help desk software management system; maintain vigilant maintenance of this process.
- Prioritize work orders/help desk tickets according to severity.
- Conduct timely repair of IT equipment covered by third-party vendor maintenance agreements.
- Attend and/or conduct training sessions for end users; create training materials for end users (e.g. FAQ sheets).
- Use help desk log entries to pinpoint trends and trouble spots in order to conduct proactive maintenance or repairs.
- Compile, maintain, and file all repair records, reports, and other documents as required.
- Always maintain a high degree of professionalism, courteousness, and friendliness.
- Minimum 2-3 years experience in fast paced Desktop support environment
- Experience with a ticketing system / service desk tool.
- Experience in support Window Desktop and PC and also know how to create a mailbox on office 365, basic AD stuff. password resets
Annex Consulting Group is a full service IT and management consulting firm, specializing in staff augmentation contracting, permanent staffing, and outsourced solutions. Candidates must be legally entitled to work in location advertised.
Interested but know someone who is a fit for this role? Check out the award-winning Annex Referral Program.
Leaders in IT. Advisors in Business. Partners in Solutions.