Position: Cyber Security Architect
Length: Contract (1 year)
Location: Downtown Vancouver
This role is accountable for delivering cyber security architecture services, including but not limited to:
- Act as a program or project architect for high risk, complex and cross business unit initiatives, ensuring that architecture elements are consistent enterprise wide.
- Coordinate with application, infrastructure and security operations teams to provide guidance on cyber security best practices for information and operational technology systems.
- Assess solution options, risks and benefits pertaining to security and other technology dimensions and provide recommendations.
- Liaise with the application and infrastructure service providers.
- Exercise professionalism in ensuring effective teamwork and fostering productive relationships.
- Cybersecurity strategies, capabilities, roadmaps, designs and practices that are clearly aligned with business, technology and threat drivers
- Cybersecurity architecture artifacts (e.g., models, templates, standards and procedures)
- Cybersecurity policies, standards, guidelines and plans.
- Cybersecurity Subject Matter Expertise required in the development and maintenance of the above artifacts in related domain deliverables. Examples of these related domains are Infrastructure, Applications, Data and Integration Architecture
- Architecture visions, architecture definitions, roadmaps, solution blueprints, design decisions, design specifications and guidelines.
- Note: additional deliverables may be required as identified by Chief Enterprise Architect
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or equivalent.
- A minimum of 5 years demonstrable experience as a Cyber Security Solution/Enterprise Architect, on large technology projects – consultants are required to have in depth knowledge and proven expertise in one or more of the key areas listed under Scope of Work.
- Demonstrable experience in leading complex security architectures
- 8+ progressive experience in the field of cyber security field
- Demonstrable experience in developing prognostic and actionable deliverables like strategies, roadmaps, visions, reference architectures, solution blueprints and check lists.
- Ability to come up to speed quickly, gaining an understanding of the business problem/opportunity, project objectives, and high level design completed to date.
- Strong knowledge or experience with multi IT infrastructure disciplinary including: Applications, Databases, Operating systems, Windows and Linux, Hypervisors, Firewalls (traditional and next-gen), IP networks - WAN, LAN, Storage networks.
- Experience designing or working with Identity and Access Management (IAM) technologies and services including or similar to: Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP), CA Identity Manager, Microsoft AD and Azure AD Services, Amazon Web Service (AWS) IAM, F5 security tools
- Experience conducting security postures of cloud hosted applications and infrastructure services.
- Demonstrable experience of presenting and explaining complex cyber security concepts to non-technical audience.
- Strong business acumen combined with knowledge of industry standards and frameworks for delivering cyber security architectures and solutions such as COBIT, TOGAF, SABSA and CISSP.
- Solid understanding of emerging technology themes like mobility, cloud computing, advanced analytics and IoT/OT.
- Secure System Development Lifecycle and Application Security methodologies such as OWASP
Annex Consulting Group is a full service IT and management consulting firm, specializing in staff augmentation contracting, permanent staffing, and outsourced solutions. Candidates must be legally entitled to work in location advertised.
Not interested but know someone who is a fit for this role? Check out the award-winning Annex Referral Program.
Leaders in IT. Advisors in Business. Partners in Solutions.