Position: Database Administrator
Duration: Three to Six months contract with the potential for a permanent role
We have an exciting and exceptional opportunity for an SQL Database Administration to join an amazing technology-driven organization. The SQL DBA will support and manage multiple database environments (Test, Staging, and Production) which includes Postgres and Microsoft SQL Server. If you are looking for a DBA role in a unique organization, unlike any other in Vancouver, apply now!
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Actively manage the health, performance and support of Postgres and MsSQL Server database systems
- Backup/Restore and Disaster Recovery of all databases within a mixed Linux and Windows environment
- Monitor and identify costly SQL Statements, analyze and tune execution plans
- Create, review, approve, schedule, and monitor all scripts, queries and database extracts performed on our production environment
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent combination of certification and experience
- Minimum of five (5) years of hands-on experience in the deployment of large (enterprise scale) database environments supporting online business
- Demonstrated experience managing Postgres (IBM DB2 is a plus) in a Linux/Unix/Windows environment
- Hands-on skill and proficiency in problem determination and troubleshooting techniques in a mixed Linux and Windows environment and working with them
Specific expertise required:
- Postgres and MS SQL database design and administration or equivalent experience with other well-known database systems (DB2 is an asset)
- Database performance tuning and optimization (PTO)
- High Availability (HA), Disaster Recovery (DR) and database replication
- Deploying and installing Database software upgrades, patches and fixes
- Strong knowledge and understanding of Database systems architecture, schemas, authentication, permissions, tablespaces, buffers/cache, storage, etc.
- Scripting (shell or other)
Annex Consulting Group is a full service IT and management consulting firm, specializing in staff augmentation contracting, permanent staffing, and outsourced solutions. Candidates must be legally entitled to work in location advertised.
Not interested but know someone who is a fit for this role? Check out the award-winning Annex Referral Program.
Leaders in IT. Advisors in Business. Partners in Solutions.