Position: DevOps Operations Engineer
Length: Contract (6 months to start, likely will renew or flip to perm)
Location: Greater Vancouver
- Utilize the latest DevOps tools and technologies, to deploy applications efficiently and reliably both on premise and in cloud.
- Lead the creation of automation and deployments pipelines for applications to all environments
- Implement monitoring of new applications in production, while utilizing the latest technologies and following DevOps best practices for auto healing and alert fatigue
- Investigate and troubleshoot complex issues for Product Streams and help support applications in all environments
- Lead the implementation of performance engineering best practices and assist in performance improvements to improve site reliability
- Research and stay up to date with DevOps best practices for CI/CD and Site Reliability
- Ensure that performance and monitoring best practices are implemented for all new applications to ensure the reliability of your applications.
- Prioritize defects or enhancements and be heavily engaged in the design of new applications and features to ensure they are supportable and scalable in production.
- Continually review new technology that can be implemented within the company
- Help create policies and processes that define the responsibilities of the DevOps within our the company
- Provide leadership to the team for all applications related to your area of expertise
- Lead the training of the team for new applications coming from your Product Stream
- Assist in the investigation of complex production defects
- Participate in the creation of production best practices
- Solid experience in latest DevOps technologies such as OpenShift, Kubernetes, ANsible, Jenkins, APM
- Solid experience working with DevOps practices such as CI/CD, automation and real-time monitoring
- Experience in IT Support or Server Administration within Windows Server and/or Enterprise Linux Platforms
- Experience in development ideally with either with Java or C# technologies
- Solid command over scripting languages such as Python, Ruby, Bash or PowerShell
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Network Administration or a related discipline
Annex Consulting Group is a full service IT and management consulting firm, specializing in staff augmentation contracting, permanent staffing, and outsourced solutions. Candidates must be legally entitled to work in location advertised.
Not interested but know someone who is a fit for this role? Check out the award-winning Annex Referral Program.
Leaders in IT. Advisors in Business. Partners in Solutions.