Full Stack Java Developer
Our fintech client is seeking a full stack java developer to join their team permanently. The developer is someone who embraces change and loves to jump in and take ownership for delivering results for clients. As a Full Stack Developer you will join a highly motivated and experienced team, building the next generation of mobile/online banking for hundreds of Credit Unions across Canada. In this role you will work with Team Leads and Developers on a day-to-day basis to ensure the teams are high performing, following best standards to deliver an effective product as designed by the Technical Architect and Product Owners. You’ll be working on a widely used and award-winning banking platform, built using Java, Angular, Spring Cloud Netflix, among other modern open source technologies.
What you’ll do:
- Mentor and coach the Junior Developers on quality (including code reviews), and security conventions & standards
- Guide and coach on Agile techniques and ways of working to help improve teams and software development process
- Constantly look for better ways of solving technical problems and designing the solution, not afraid of challenging the status quo
- Participate in code reviews and business/technical discussions
- Lead daily/weekly agile ceremonies
- Provide technical guidance and mentorship to more junior staff
The successful candidate must meet the following requirements:
- 5+ years experience with Java, Angular, Spring Cloud Netflix and the ability and keen interest to be a lead in the near future
- Experience with translating business requirements into technical approaches
- Experience in a multi-tenant software as a service environment an asset
- A strong level knowledge of Java and ecosystem, Server-Side Java experience including multi-threading and concurrency, TCP and experience of web, enterprise application development, tiered application design and microservices
- Knowledge of frameworks/technologies such as JUnit, Mockito, JSON, HTTP, RAML, Spring (Boot, Test, Cloud, Auth), Hibernate/JPA, MySQL
- Knowledge of version control systems and continuous integration systems (Git, Bamboo, Sonar, Jenkins).
- Skills to dig into hard technical problems and large/complex codebases without getting stuck
- Proven experience in agile/scum methodologies
Annex Consulting Group is a full-service IT and management consulting firm, specializing in staff augmentation contracting, permanent staffing, and outsourced solutions. Candidates must be legally entitled to work in location advertised.
Not interested but know someone who is a fit for this role? Check out the award-winning Annex Referral Program.
Leaders in IT. Advisors in Business. Partners in Solutions.