A core function of our client’s IT department is to develop and support their suite of AS400 applications with a focus on a custom developed system that is key to their business.
You will be responsible for designing, programming, maintaining and testing applications on AS400 while supporting the wider organization.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 5 years experience with AS400
- Minimum of 5 years of experience utilizing RPG/LE/Free-format, CLLE Programming, iSeries/SQL including embedded SQL in RPGLE programs, DDL structure, and index structures.
- Excellent hardware and software troubleshooting skills and experience in IBM Power systems (iSeries, AS400).
- Good understanding of EDI standards, XML, iDocs and other Data Exchange Technologies
- Strong written communication skills including the ability to write business requirements, specifications and programming/configuration documentation.
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills – seasoned IT professional able to grasp the needs of the business operation, translate business needs into requirements and specifications and configure/program systems to create the needed results.
- Highly organized to effectively manage multiple projects with competing priorities, and work independently.
Annex Consulting Group is a full service IT and management consulting firm, specializing in staff augmentation contracting, permanent staffing, and outsourced solutions. Candidates must be legally entitled to work in location advertised.
Not interested but know someone who is a fit for this role? Check out the award-winning Annex Referral Program.
Leaders in IT. Advisors in Business. Partners in Solutions