Data Analyst- Scala
North Vancouver, BC
Job Type: 4-month Contract, with extensions
Key Job Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
- Analyze the source data, prepare data model & mapping, and develop Scala/Spark programs and related components in the work areas of Information
- Management ("IM") relating to claims, insurance and finance data.
- Use data pipelines to extract data from data sources which are in various formats (viz - flat files, XML, relational tables, Oracle logs), and
- use tools (such as StreamSets, Scala and Spark programs) to transform and store the data in big data platform (Data Lake) after data validation.
- Develop StreamSets, Spark and Scala programs for data ingestion
- Data transformation as per the mapping document
- Data Analysis as per requirements and develop data models/mapping
Position Specific Skills or Qualifications Required:
- Advanced skill in Scala
- Applied knowledge in Big Data platforms, ideally with exposure to Hadoop ecosystem (HDFS, Pig, Hive, SPARK, Big SQL, NoSQL, YARN);
- Experience in designing efficient and robust pipelines;
- Intermediate skill in SQL development;
- Knowledge of data modeling and understanding of different data structures and their benefits and limitations under particular use cases;
- Hands-on experience with structured and unstructured databases;
Annex Consulting Group is a full service IT and management consulting firm, specializing in staff augmentation contracting, permanent staffing, and outsourced solutions. Candidates must be legally entitled to work in location advertised.
Not interested but know someone who is a fit for this role? Check out the award-winning Annex Referral Program.
Leaders in IT. Advisors in Business. Partners in Solutions.