Position: Senior DevOps Engineer (Permanent0
Location: Greater Vancouver, BC
- Support and develop the company’s product line
- Work closely with the IT Team to ensure Cloud product solutions fulfills requirements for all groups.
- Research, recommend, design and implement private cloud best solutions.
- Understand all aspects of the technology stack in order to push performance improvements through the system.
- Drive Infrastructure as Code practices throughout the organization
- Develop automated software delivery practices using opensource software configuration management solutions
- Provide training and tooling to support development in a distributed environment
- Implement monitoring and logging solutions for different technology stacks or container orchestration platforms
- Understand containers and how they fit into professional development cycles as build artifacts
- Work with various source control technologies, including their connection to processes/pipelines
- Provide backup coverage to the System Admin team to ensure issues are resolved in a timely manner and adequate staffing is in place.
- Help train and mentor System staff
- Participate in On Call rotation
- Diploma of Technology, Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Strong passionate about DevOps practices and eager to design and build elegant and innovative solutions.
- Solid experience and knowledge of Linux, VMWare vSphere, Docker, Version Control systems, Networking and Network attached storage systems
- Exposure to one container management platform, Docker Swarm, Kubernetes, Rancher or Openshift
- Experience with Linux Servers.Minimum 6 years’ experience in administrating a complex IT environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate complex subjects to a variety of audiences ranging from management to technical staff
- Experience with scripting or programming with Python, Ruby, Bash, Powershell, Java, PHP and SQL
- Strong knowledge of DNS, DHCP, LDAP, PKI, email, NTP, SSSD,
Annex Consulting Group is a full service IT and management consulting firm, specializing in staff augmentation contracting, permanent staffing, and outsourced solutions. Candidates must be legally entitled to work in location advertised.
Not interested but know someone who is a fit for this role? Check out the award-winning Annex Referral Program.
Leaders in IT. Advisors in Business. Partners in Solutions.